The 25th Cytometry Development Workshop featuring the Cells, Sensors, & Systems Symposium – hosted by the Scintillon Institute Center for Cytometry Development assembles leaders in the diverse fields of cell measurement and cell applications into a wide-ranging, cross-disciplinary five day event to facilitate connection between new cutting-edge technologies and future application needs.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
PLATINUM LEVEL - $10,000 (1 opportunity available). Platimum level sponsors are invited to attend and present a 10-min talk or 20-min tutorial at CDW. There will be 1 table for marketing literature at CDW.
GOLD LEVEL - $5,000 (2 opportunities available). Gold Level sponsors are invited to attend and present a 10-min talk at the CDW.
BRONZE LEVEL: - $3,500 (15 opportunities available).
The multifaceted event held at 3 different venues:
- Th Cytometry Development Tutorials on Wednesday October 21, 2015, covering cutting edge topics in both image and flow cytometry. This event is open to all at no cost.
- The Cells Sensors, and Systems Symposium on Thursday October 22, with luminary speakers and topics of interest for the broad scientific audience. This event is open to all at no cost.
- The Cytometry Development Workshop from Thursday October 22- Sunday October 25 at the beautiful La Jolla Shores Hotel.The workshop attendance has a modest fee and meals charge.
We have several open opportunities for sponsored academic scientists to provide a tutorial on the afternoon of Oct. 21 at Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute. Sponsorship pays for invited speaker travel; students and postdoc travel and workshop fees; and lunches and refreshments at the Tutorial and Symposium
The 25th Cytometry Development Workshop: Technologies for Cell Analysis will be held on October 22- 25, 2015 at the beautiful La Jolla Shores Hotel in sunny San Diego.
Every year, this workshop series brings together those involved in the development of the technologies for cell analysis, including flow and image cytometry. This hands-on event is a forum for cytometry experts discussing recent developments in cytometry as they relate to the development of new technologies. The goal of the workshop is to make research at easier and more productive.
Program Chairs: Jeffrey H. Price, Scintillon Institute and John P. Nolan, Scintillon Institute
Chair Emeritus and Program Advisor: Robert F. Murphy, Carnegie Melon University
October 22. Program Opens at 6:30PM
Workshop Format: short presentations, interactive discussions
Every attendee is required to participate actively and make a positive contribution by discussing their current research, experiences, and needs.
Program Overview. The program will be driven entirely by attendees (see links for past workshops for typical sets of discussion topics). Every attendee is required to actively participate and make a positive contribution by discussing their current research, experiences, and needs.
Recommended Background: core field experience with cytometry
Video Recording: There will be no sound or film recording of any of the presentations
ATTENDEES PARTICIPATION RULES:
- Each attendee must volunteer to present at least one topic (hopefully more than one)
- Presentation length - 10 min
- The presentations can discuss a completed work, work in progress and/or problems being encountered in a project/field. Please limit the use of published data (other than in tutorials)
- Attendees have option to present a 15-min talk on additional subjects (no limit on the number of topics)
NOTE: Overhead projectors and computer will be provided by organizers
A number of important developments in cytometry had their origins at the Workshop:
- Development of digital pulse processing approaches for flow cytometers
- Initial discussions of designs for low cost cytometers for AIDS monitoring in developing countries
- Development of "Q & B" analysis of fluorescence sensitivity in flow
- Development of standardization materials and protocols for cytometry
In recent years, a major focus has been on high-throughput systems and proteomics.
Cytometry Development Workshop & San Diego Center for Systems Biology
Sanford-Burnham-Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, University of California, San Diego, and Scintillon Institute
Registration and Meals
The upfront fee of $400 covers registration ($150) and meals for CDW ($250).
The $150 registration fee is waived for students and first-time attendees who register by September 15, 2014. After this date, the registration fee rises to $200 per person.
If you plan to attend please complete the attached Workshop Registration Form with title for a 10-min talk or 20-min tutorial and submit via email to email@example.com. The information from this form is used to plan the program for the workshop.
Lodging for the Workshop
The La Jolla Shores Hotel is located on the La Jolla Shores beach and is within walking distance of the La Jolla Cove, Scripps Institute of Oceanography (and Scripps pier), The Birch Aquarium at Scripps, and Blacks Beach. Kayak rentals are available nearby for a trip through the La Jolla Cave and along the picturesque coastline. Hotel reservation information can be found at http://www.scintillon.org/housing. Please identify yourself as attending CDW since we will have to pay for rooms blocked out if they are not filled by attendees